The cookies are used to facilitate your use of the website, distinguish you from other users, make your experience better and identify problems that allow us to improve the site.
A “cookie” is a little file that gets stored in each visitor’s browser so the server can remember the user’s visit afterwards, when the user access our content again. This information does not reveal your identity, nor any personal data, and it does not access the content stored in your PC. However, it allows our system to assign you a unique identifier as a user that accessed our website, visited certain pages, etc. and it also allows us to record your preferences and technical information.
In accordance with the Directive 2009/136/CE, developed in our code on section two, article 22 of the LSSI (Law for the Information Society Services), following the directive from the AEPD (Spanish Data Protection Agency), we will explain in detail the use we make in our web.
A classification of cookies in different categories can be found below. Nevertheless, it is important to consider that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGEs them
- Our Cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from an equipment or domain managed by the own editor.
- Third-part cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from an equipment or domain not managed by the editor, but by another entity that gathers the data.
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVE
- Session Cookies: this type of cookies is designed to gather and store information while the user access a website.
- Persistent Cookies: this is a type of cookies in which the information remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed to and managed for a period of time defined by the cookie responsible. This period of time can go from a few minutes to several years.
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THEIR FUNCTION
- Technical Cookies: these cookies allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or app and to use their different options or services.
- Personalization Cookies: these cookies allow the user to access the service with some general predefined characteristics following a series of criteria in the user’s terminal.
- Advertising Cookies: these cookies allow the most efficient management of the advertising space included by the editor on the website.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: these cookies allow the most efficient management of the advertising space included by the editor on the website. They gather information about the users’ behavior, obtained by constantly observing the user’s navigation habits, which allows the development of a personalized profile in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you.
- Analytics Cookies: these cookies allow the tracking and analysis of the users’ behavior on the website. The information collected with these cookies is used to measure the users’ activity and interaction on the website in order to improve it.
Currently, most browsers are configured by default to block the installation of advertising and third-part cookies on the computer. The user can extend the original restrictions, preventing the installation of any type of cookie, or remove those restrictions, agreeing for any cookie to be installed. If you want to accept the advertising and third-part cookies, you can change your browser’s configuration.
When the user accepts the cookies (clicking on ACCEPT), they give express consent for the cookies to be used. The user can exercise his rights and revoke this consent at any point by sending a request form to the Grupo Mensajeros de la Paz.
Detailed below is a list of all the cookies that may be installed from our website. Depending on your use of the site, your browser’s configuration and whether or not you accepted the cookies, all of these or just a few may be installed.
|_ga||Analysis||To differentiate the users.||Third-part||2 years|
|ff_first_time||Functionality||To maintain the user logged in.||Third-part||8 months|
|ff_news||Functionality||To maintain the user logged in.||Third-part||8 months|
|pll_language||Functionality||To maintain language selected by the user on the website. Also used to give information about the language to present on the web when there is no other available.||Third-part||1 year|
|wp-settings-||Functionality||To personalized the user interface.||Ours||1 year|
|wp-settings-time-||Functionality||To personalized the user interface.||Ours||1 year|
|wordpress_||Functionality||WordPress cookie for validated users.||Ours||12 days|
If you do not wish to store cookies on your browser or you prefer to receive the information every time a cookie needs to be installed, you can configure it on the browser’s options. Most browsers allow the management of cookies in 3 different ways:
- Cookies are always rejected;
- Browser asks the user if they accept the installation of every cookie;
- Cookies are always accepted;
Your browser may also include the possibility of selecting in detail the cookies you want to be installed in your computer. To sum up, the user can usually accept one of the following options:
- Reject cookies from certain domains;
- Reject third-part cookies;
- Accept cookies as not persistent (they are deleted once the browser closes);
- Allow the server to create cookies for a different domain.
You can allow, know more about, block or delete cookies installed on your computer through the configuration options of your browser.
To find information on how to configure the most used browsers, you can follow these routes:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. To know more, access the Microsoft Support page or the section Help on your browser.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Personalized Settings. To know more, access the Mozilla Support page or the section Help on your browser.
- Chrome: Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy -> Content Settings. To know more, access the Google Support page or the section Help on your browser.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. To know more, access the Apple Support page or the section Help on your browser.